In solidarity with our suffering brothers and sisters of Mosul, the Eastern Iraqi churches led by the Syrian Orthodox Archbishop Toma Dawood, Syrian Catholic Monsignor Nizar Semaan, Chaldean Catholic Father Nadheer, Ancient Church of the East Corepiscopos (Khoury) Fr Dr Khoshaba, Eastern Assyrian Father Tony and others are joining forces together with their communities and supporters from all parts of Britain in a demonstration in London on Saturday 26th July 2014.
In an interview granted by the Syrian (Syriac) Catholic Patriarch of Antioch, Ignace Joseph III Younan, to Sergio Cenofanti of Vatican Radio (in Italian), the Patriarch declared that the Syrian Catholic Bishopric in Mosul has been completely burned down.
The full translation and an article on the new genocide letter are published in the Rorate Caeli Blog.
Similar topics can also be found in:
In an open letter addressed to "all men of good will and those who care for the Iraqi nation", Patriarch Louis Raphael I Sako, Chaldean Catholic Patriarch of Baghdad, warned that Iraq is heading towards a humanitarian, cultural, and historical disaster.
Below is the full translation as published by AsiaNews.it. For the original text in Arabic, please click here.
The situation in Mosul has turned tragic since ISIS took control in June 2014. On Friday 18th June ISIS issued an ultimatum to all Christians: ‘convert to Islam, leave your homes or you will be killed’. Mass exodus followed with people leaving everything behind. Most of them are now heading to Kurdistan and they are in dire need of help.
As required by the Charity Commission, ICIN wishes to announce that pursuant to its adoption by Supplemental Deed on 10 June 2014, the objects of the Charity have been amended to read 'The relief of hardship, sickness and distress of Iraqi and other middle eastern Christians through, financial, medical and educational aid'. The name of ICIN and its logo both remain unchanged.
The 2014 ICIN’s Wales event will be organised by Nasreen Habboush, Husni Habboush & Dalia Hassani with the help of ICAW. It will be held at Rudry church hall in Cardiff
Date: Saturday, 26th July 2014
Time: 1:00pm to 7:00pmVenue: Rudry Parish Hall Rudry CF83 3DF
ICIN is pleased to announce that Carl Bahoshy will be giving Organ and Piano recitals at various venues over the coming months. Unless otherwise stated, 90% of the net proceeds of ticket sales and funds raised will be donated to ICIN with the other 10% donated to the host church.
ICIN gratefully acknowledges Carl's contribution to its various causes and will be regularly updating this website with the schedule below for news of upcoming concerts. Your support is, as always, kindly requested, and your attendance at any of these events much appreciated.
The 1st concert was last Friday 21st March 2014 at St. Peter’s Residence and £600 was raised for ICIN.
It is with deep sorrow that the Marmarchi Family announce the passing of their beloved Adil on Saturday 21st June, after a long illness.
The trustees and ICIN Council are deeply saddened at the loss of Adil Marmarchi, one of the Charity's founding members.
Adil was, from the very beginning, an enthusiastic and hard-working member of the steering committee, which was formed to explore ways to provide aid to the persecuted Iraqi Christians following the invasion of 2003. Working tirelessly, he was involved in every step of the way in establishing the charity, becoming a trustee of it after it was founded and playing a major role in its fundraising and events activities. His gentle demeanour ensured that his presence at Council and Trustees' meeting contributed in a major way to their smooth running and he was always ready to provide advice and guidance. That was typical of the character of Adil, gentle yet persuasive. Not only was he held in high esteem by his colleagues, he was also much loved and will be greatly missed.
Adil, on behalf of ICIN and the thousands of Iraqi Christians in need, thank you and may God reward your efforts.
ICIN’s Anniversary Thames river cruise on the 8th of June was a great success. All had a good time, while raising funds for a good cause.
Thanks to your enthusiastic support the tickets were sold out in the first week. Your usual generosity raised around £8,000 through ticket sales, and from raffle tickets and donations during the event.
Sincere thanks goes to the sponsors, organisers, the crew of the Pride of London and above all to the crowed of over 135 who made it such a great day.
For more photos and a slide show, please click here.
God bless you all
It is with much sadness that the trustees of ICIN announce the death of one of its founding members and trustee, Adil Marmarchi, earlier today. After a long spell of illness, Adil passed away peacefully. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
May he rest in peace.